Are You Filing For Bankruptcy Or A Lawsuit? You Need To Find The Right Lawyer

Attorney oklahoma

What can a personal injury attorney do for you? When options are few and resources are scarce, many Americans find themselves turning to legal offices to aid with obtaining disability benefits, medical malpractice assistance or applying for a work-related injury lawsuit. These legal professionals are experts at navigating the field of law, as well as related fields such as medicine or education, and pinpointing the solutions you need to get back on your feet again. Knowing where to start, however, can be another journey entirely. Let’s look at the legal particulars of different lawyers, such as a personal injury attorney or a bankruptcy attorney, and how they can stand to help you when you feel you don’t have any options left.

What Is A Personal Injury Attorney?

Civil lawsuits cost the U.S. economy a total of $239 billion every year, with the majority of federal civil personal injury lawsuits resulting from vehicle crashes, product liability injuries and medical malpractice. Medical malpractice lawsuits brought in a significant amount at $3.6 billion in 2013, as well, and are not always covered by workers’ compensation laws. It’s estimated only 2% of personal injury cases will actually go to trial, however, with the vast majority settled outside of the courtroom. A personal injury attorney will scour your state’s local laws and help you receive the compensation you deserve to better manage your injuries as well as finding employment.

What Is A Bankruptcy Attorney?

The year 2014 saw a stunning 97% of all bankruptcies being filed for personal reasons, such as medical expenses and real estate charges, with the other 3% being related to small and large businesses. According to American bankruptcy court statistics, as many as 1.5 million people file for bankruptcy every single year and that number shows little sign of slowing down in the following decade. A bankruptcy attorney can help you with figuring out which type to file, such as a Chapter 11 or Chapter 13, and assist with the organization and management of your finances to better help you get back in business again.

How Can I Collect Social Security?

Many Americans find themselves with no choice but to apply for social security, for reasons such as age, disability or unemployment. The average age of social security beneficiaries is around 54 years old and the majority of beneficiaries receive most of their income through social security programs. The year 2014 saw nearly 65 million people receiving benefits from programs administered by the Social Security Administration, with well over 5 million applying for the first time. A social security lawyer can help you properly apply for benefits by gathering your health and employment information, particularly if disability or lack of resources make it difficult to do so in the first place.

Where Do I Start?

It’s not easy struggling with the legal system when you have a family to attend to and work to maintain, but rest easy knowing that attorneys work day and night helping people with similar issues to your own. A trip to your city or town’s law firm is the first step toward meeting with different lawyers, discussing your financial issues and finding the resources you need to proceed with a lawsuit or application. Whether it’s a personal injury attorney or a social security lawyer, choosing the right path involves a little research and consideration to encourage more meaningful results down the road. Visit your local law firm today and see how they can help you get back on the right path.

Leave a Reply