Court cases come when least expected, therefore making it hard to raise the cash bail granted. But thanks to the existence of bail bonding companies, defendants have been able to buy their freedom. What makes a good bail bonding company?
It takes an excellent company to render quality services. A good bail bonding company helps you understand the court bail procedure. It should be a reputable company. Companies with good reputations earn it from giving good services to their clients.
Work with a reliable bail bonding company, one that is available at your time of need. Ensure you check the documentation of the company; they should be legit. Ensure the company offers professional services in that there is the signing of a contract to capture the agreement.
Do you have a friend who has been charged with an offense in court? How can you bail someone out of jail? Does bail mean you are free? cash bail vs bond which one grants you freedom faster?
Most of the time, people cannot raise the cash bail hence end up paying a lesser amount to purchase a bail bond. However, paying cash bail grants, you release as soon as you pay it, while the bond takes a more extended period due to the bond process involved.
While it is not s situation anyone ever wants to be in, at some point in your life, you may need the service of a bail bold company. More people, who maybe never expected to be in trouble find themselves in jail. At least 52% of all American men will be arrested at least one time in their lives, according to recent statistics. Approximately 12 million people went through the jail system between June 2010 and June 2011. Since 2000, United States jails have been operating at at least 91% capacity.
If you have been arrested, you may not feel like it, and the authorities may not tell you, but you still have rights. The right to pay bail is one of them (if the judge in your case has set a bond). Why do you need bail? If people tell you that you can fight your charges from jail the same way in jail as from outside of jail, do not listen to those people. They have no idea what they are talking about. If you are in jail, your best bet is to contact a bail bond company.
Here are the steps you should take if you find yourself in jail:
- Contact a bail bonds company. You can do this yourself from jail or you can have a friend or family member do this for you. There are a variety of kinds of bail bonds companies throughout the country. There are local, county and nationwide bail bondmen.
- Ask about accommodations. The laws vary from state to state in terms of what can be offered but if you are a veteran, active in the military, a student, just visiting the area as a tourist, this was your first offense, they may not have any kinds of services or help they can offer but the main thing is they cannot say yes to you if you do not ask. Ask about payment plans.
- Not all bail bond companies are the same. Just like you would with any other service, you should ask about certain things. If you do not speak English, you may be able to find a bail bondsman who speaks your native language. You will certainly be able to find one who speaks Spanish but there are other languages that are covered. You may also want to look into how long they have been in business and if they are a local or national company. This may make a difference if you have to travel but they want you to check in personally during your case. Also, if you were arrested in a jurisdiction that is not where you live, you may want to go with a national or regional bail bond company.
- What kind of crime were you charged with? There are a lot of bail bond companies that do handle all crime but not all do. There are misdemeanor criminal bonds and then there are felony criminal bonds. If you have been charged with both, you will want a bail bond company that handles both. You do not want to have to pay two different bail bond companies to get out of jail once. If you have two bonds, you have to pay two bonds to be released from custody.
- Keep in constant contact with your bail bond company. While it is not advisable to miss your day in court, if you know you are, and there are sometimes circumstances or events that happen that are out of your control, it is crucial that you let your bail bond company know. They may be able to intervene on your behalf. This is especially true if they have been in business for a long time and have an established relationship with the court.
- You will need to have someone local sign for you. Even if you are paying your bond yourself, the bail bond company will need a signature from someone who will make sure you go where you need to go. They will be held responsible if you do not show up and do not talk to the bail bond company before hand. They will be responsible for your full bond.