Whether you need to hire corporate intelligence services to investigate employee embezzlement in your company, or you want to hire a computer forensic investigator to look into possible fraud at your company, here are a few facts that you should know about computer forensic analysis in general.
1. Computer forensics is a branch of digital forensic science which specifically pertains to the legal evidence found in computers and digital storage media. Special computer forensics experts are responsible for uncovering this legal evidence.
2. Did you know that the most common form of insurance fraud is inflation or exaggeration of loss? Though this is not necessarily the purview of the average computer forensic specialist, they are more than capable of uncovering such insurance frauds within a company.
3. Mobile device forensics is a special branch of digital forensics which specifically relates to the recovery of digital evidence or data from a mobile device under forensically sound conditions. This can be particularly important in companies that use bring your own device programs.
4. The duties of a private investigator, whether their specialty does or does not include corporate intelligence services, may include background investigations, surveillance and skip traces, or searches for missing people.
5. Some private detective and investigators have the ability to access databases that search multiple record sources at once, and that are not available to the general public. This is one of the main resources that they use in the day to day operations of their jobs. Refernce materials.